We’ve Been At Grandma’s!!!

Before I realized that I was going back to work on December 3rd I had told my Mom that Robert and I might come out and spend the night with her since Jim was going to be gone. After I realized that I was going back to work that day I also realized that with the original plan I would have had to take the dog to the kennel. I’m not looking forward to transporting the dog and the baby in the same vehicle until we get the doggie gate for the back of the Explorer!

So, we decided to go to Grandma’s this week. The original plan was to go out Tuesday morning and come home Wednesday afternoon. At least that was my plan. Then I was talking to Mom on Sunday and she suggested that we come Monday afternoon so that way we wouldn’t have to worry about getting up early Tuesday. (It’s a 45 minute drive). Mom had sent invitations/talked to several people who knew me and told them we’d be there and to drop by and see the baby. A little coming out party for a 6 week old. Monday morning we got up and went to the doctor then did some running. I came home and loaded up the Explorer (the amount of stuff it takes for three days is insane!) and we headed out to Mom’s. Wednesday morning when I said I thought we’d leave about 4 that afternoon Mom thought we ought to stay and come home Thursday morning instead. I gave in.

My niece and nephew were practically raised by my Mom the first 10 + years of their life. Robert is her first chance to be a real grandma. Spoil them and send them home. He’s also the only baby in 15 years and my Mom was definitely ready for a baby.

Robert got to be held and rocked by Grandma. She would give him his bottle and tell him stories. She hugged him and kissed him and doted on him. He really blossomed under all of her attention. He’s smiling a lot these days and I even managed to catch one of them on film. Last night he was in his swing just chattering away. I got to sleep and hang out with my Mom between visitors. I also got to run to the outlet mall to get Jim and I sweaters for our Christmas picture and some new tennis shoes without the baby. It was great and although I was ready to see Jim I’m not totally sure I was ready to come home. It didn’t help that Harley trashed the house today so I came home to what looked like a disaster area. Grrr.

We are scheduled to do our yearly holiday portrait on Sunday. I’m using the guy who does pet photography — actually he does portrait work too. In the past we’ve used Sears but their prices have just gotten really unreasonable for what you get. The one thing I always want is my photos on CD. At Sears I’ll pay at least $100 for that and last time they only wanted to give me the images they showed me not all the ones they shot… bullshit folks! This guy will give it to me for $50. And this year we can take Harley and have her in some of the pictures too.

Apparently Jim got offered a ticket to the Chiefs game this weekend so he wanted to know what time we were doing the portraits. Um, excuse me but Robert and I have been gone all week. The next two weeks you are travelling Monday through Thursday… I don’t think you’re going to a football game. Normally I would encourage him to go but give me a break… we need some family time! He needs some time with his son!

Tomorrow we’re going over to Aunt Barb’s house because Aunt Sue is here. It will be her first time meeting Robert. Thank goodness we went shopping Monday and he has a cute new outfit to wear đŸ™‚


Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s