OK… so Christmas is over. For me it was sort of like the Christmas that didn’t really come. The weather wreaked havoc on our plans and it was the 28th before I got to see my Mom… four days later than I had planned. The first time in my life I didn’t spend Christmas Eve with her. She hosted a big brunch yesterday (that was supposed to be Sunday) and we all had a really good time.
So, how did I do with the 25 things… let’s see…
Well it’s December 15th so I thought maybe I’d check in with our list of 25 things to do for Christmas.
1. Go to the Clydesdale Barn 2. Take a carriage ride 3. Visit the Fairy Princess 4. Visit Santa 5. Play at Crown Center’s Toyland 6. Go to see the Plaza Lights 7. Bake and decorate cookies 8. Bake holiday treats for presents 9. Take a family portrait 10. Send out Christmas cards 11. Do a Christmas craft 12. Read ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas 13. Watch A Charlie Brown Christmas 14. Decorate the house
15. Visit Santa Paws (Santa for dogs)
16. Play in the snow (hopefully there will be some snow)
17. Shop for Salvation Army Angels 18. Make a Gingerbread House 19. Drive around drinking hot chocolate and looking at Christmas lights
20. Go to Christmas Eve service
21. Dance to Christmas Music in our pajamas and snuggle by the fire 22. Watch Rudolph 23. Put out milk and cookies for Santa 24. Keep a Holiday Journal 25. Go to a holiday lighting ceremony
22 of 25… not too bad. Christmas Eve service was skipped on account of the weather. We haven’t played in the snow yet because it’s just been too darn cold. The day we were supposed to do Santa Paws Jim had to go to a dinner and I couldn’t take the dog and Robert. Technically when we drove around looking at lights we didn’t have hot chocolate because we found that Robert didn’t like it.
Today I got a new laptop… sort of a late Christmas present. It’s got a ton of memory and speed so I’m getting it all set up. Finally be able to really play with my pictures in one place. I’m so excited. Also revamping the home network so hopefully all the computers talk to each other again. I hope to be back later tonight with pictures from Christmas.