1. A couple of years ago at Thanksgiving I made a chocolate pie… it was an utter disaster. Today I made a comeback with this awesomely delicious pie. It was a huge hit.
2. Robert loves coming into the kitchen and taking pots, pans, colanders, odds and ends when I’m cooking. He does everything from pretending to cook on the couch to pretending to have his own band. It’s a riot but it makes for a lot of extra dishes.
3. Slowly but surely we are getting ready for our little weekend excursion. I was programming points of interest into the GPS tonight and Robert decided to help.
4. My Aunt and Uncle have called every day to say they are eating well and thank you. I also got a really nice thank you card in the mail today. I think they are wanting a chocolate pie now 🙂
5. Jim had a doctor’s appointment to check on his blood pressure this morning. I have been concerned that his legs have seemed swollen lately. The top number is under control but now his bottom number is out of whack. Doc thinks it’s sleep apnea contributing to it. We’ve got an EEG scheduled Thursday, a sleep study in a week and in June they are going to check his arteries just to make sure there are no blockages. I need to make fewer pies and more veggies.
6. The next two days are going to be a blur of activity. Today I mowed the lawn so that is off the list. Tomorrow I need to do a lot of cleaning and laundry. Tomorrow night when Jim gets home I need to deliver a Mother’s Day present to my Aunt, and do some shopping. Thursday we are spending the day with my Mom. Then Friday morning I’ll take Harley to the kennel while Jim sprays the yard (ticks are bad this year) and hopefully we’ll be on the road by 8:30 or so.
7. This little guy thinks I should make some more cupcakes. He and Uncle Ward both like yellow cupcakes with chocolate icing.
8. I can’t believe how barren the job outlook is right now. Or the fact that my phone just does not seem to ring for anything these days. I know the right thing is going to come along, I just really don’t have a lot of patience right now.
9. I picked up “The Zookeeper’s Wife” and “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo” for the trip. I can’t wait to have some time to read.
10. I’m absolutely heartbroken at all the devastation in Nashville… and the fact that the news really doesn’t seem to be covering it. I made a donation to the Red Cross today. If you would like to also, you can text ‘REDCROSS’ to 90999 to donate $10 to disaster relief.