It’s been a great week so far!
1. We are officially in summer mode. Sunday afternoon we rode the train at Line Creek… it’s a little train that goes around it’s route 2 times for a total of about 5 minutes and costs $.50 a ride… it’s five minutes from our house and Robert loves it!
2. After the train we took our food down for the Sunday Night Dinner at Ronald McDonald House. This month’s theme was breakfast for dinner so we took an egg frittata and cinnamon rolls. They just dedicated a new playground built by Sprint and NASCAR, Robert really enjoyed testing it out and LOVED the blue sand.
3. Yesterday we made our first ice cream run of summer… yeah!!!
4. Today Jim had his day in court on the water bill at his parent’s house. We were absolved of any financial responsibility and it was amended to show that his worthless brother is the responsible party. Good luck finding him. He hasn’t paid the taxes on the property either so I’m sure it will be on the courthouse steps soon.
9. And I got a bunch of post cards so we can participate in Send Kids the World. A program where you send postcards to kids with life threatening illnesses. An easy way to make a difference. Two Facebook friends are going to participate and I think we’re going to make this one of our Soroptimist community service projects.
10. We’re making plans for Memorial Day Weekend. There is a lot of free stuff going on around town. I think we’re going to go to the park, maybe catch a concert and perhaps check out the hot air balloon festival. Monday we will do the cemetery run and of course stop at the winery on the way back.