1. I am so excited for tomorrow I hope I can sleep tonight.
2. Tomorrow is going to be a real test personally… I have a dinner meeting right after work and won’t be home until 9ish… that will be 14 – 15 hours away from Robert and he will probably be asleep when I get home… quite a change from being with him 24/7 for the last 7 months.
3. A lot of good things came out of the time off. I am looking good… I am officially down 31 pounds and in a lot better shape than I was.
4. I took up cooking while on my break and found that I’m actually pretty good at it. I’m planning on still making most of our dinners now that I’m back working but doing them up ahead of time for the week.
5. I know Robert will be fine in preschool and I know once he gets into the groove he’ll enjoy it… I just really hope that time comes sooner rather than later.
6. My best friend who lives in Vegas now is flying into town on Thursday, a bunch of us are meeting at Westport Flea Market for dinner on Thursday. I hope we can get together again on Saturday.
7. Sunday my Mom is having a Father’s Day lunch at her house. What my uncle doesn’t know is it’s actually an appreciation lunch for him. He’s often stepped into the father/grandfather role when needed so even though he doesn’t have children of “his own” he has definitely parented. I made this for him and am going to frame it as a 5X7. The picture is of he and Robert in the hospital when Robert was born.
8. Robert is doing incredible with bedtime. We warn him ahead of time how long it is until bedtime (an hour, a half hour, etc.) and then when the time comes we put him in bed, make sure he has dolphin pillow, tuck him in, kiss him and close the door (I always leave it ajar so I can peek in). He might fuss for a few minutes but he doesn’t get up and usually in 10-15 minutes he’s asleep.
9. I bought new pens, highlighters and a notebook at Target yesterday… you would think it’s the first day of school.
10. I’m ready to go back to work but I am so happy I had the last seven months with Robert. We made it financially and it’s nice to know we can if we have to but I need to work for my sanity… I will miss the random hugs and cuddles through the day so I’ll just have to do more of it nights and weekends. He’s growing up WAY TOO FAST!