Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme
1. What is your holiday wish for your family? That we get to be together for the holiday! Last year’s snow storm cancelled Christmas Eve at my Mom’s house and the family coming to our house Christmas Day. We did finally all get together on the 27th but it never really felt like Christmas.
2. What is your Christmas morning tradition? We are usually at Church for the 11pm Christmas Service that lets out at Midnight so we don’t get home until after 12:30am. Then it’s my job to assemble anything that needs assembling and making sure that everything is “just right” before heading to bed. Jim in the mean time is getting Robert to sleep. Christmas morning we are usually up by 7am opening gifts. Last year because of the snow storm and the fact we were all awake we just opened gifts at midnight and went to sleep after Robert crashed.
3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be? A Canon EOS 7D with all new lenses.
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money? We take advantage of all the free festivities happening throughout town. Driving around and looking at Christmas lights. Visiting Santa and the Fairy Princess. Going to the Country Club Plaza and seeing the lights. We also do a lot of baking as a family and invited friends over for cookie decorating parties.
5. What games did you play with your family growing up? Monopoly, Yahtzee, Scrabble.
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood? Staying home on Christmas Day! My Mom started that when I was about 6. She said it was ridiculous to get all new presents and then have to get in the car and go somewhere. We would visit relatives on weekends before or after Christmas but Christmas Day we were at home and everyone was welcome to come over but we weren’t leaving. I continued that when Robert was born.
7. Where would you go for a Christmas-away-from-home trip? I would love to go to a cabin in the mountains.
8. Check out GameStop (link to: http://bit.ly/gamestop10) and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year? Play Station 3 for my nephew, PSP for my son and Wii games for the family.