December 11 – 11 Things What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)
Wow…giving stuff up is not easy for me. I’m not quite a hoarder but I’m royally good at hanging on to things.
1. I need to give up my storage locker. I’ve had it for 8 years now and it’s time to go through stuff and either find space here at the house for it or donate/recycle it. I have several tubs of books I need to go through and decide what to do with them. It will save me a lot of money every year.
2, 3, & 4. Clutter, clutter, clutter!!! The closets and drawers need to be gone through. The garage needs to be cleaned out. Stuff has collected. Broken things that need to be repaired. Things we’ve inherited that need to find homes. The kitchen needs to be better organized. Robert’s toys need to be purged. Clothes that don’t fit anymore need to be packed up and donated to people who can use them. Perhaps if I could get a grip on it, it would be easier to keep the house clean because everything would have a home.
5. Some grudges I’ve been holding on to. There are a few things in the past that I need to cut ties with and leave them in the past.
6. Some extra weight. I lost 30 pounds in 2010. I still have 30 more to go. So far I’ve maintained my weight loss for over six months (with a few fluctuations). In 2011 I need to eliminate the rest of those pounds. I’ll be happier and healthier if I can do that.
7. Insomnia. I really have bad sleep habits and am not getting enough sleep… which makes me grumpy. And no one (including me) likes it when I am grumpy.
8. Soda. I drink way too much soda. I at least need to switch back to diet soda.
9. Inactivity. I need to find some way to move more in 2011 and stop with the excuses of time, Robert, other commitments, etc. My health is just as important as anything else in my life and I need to make time for it.
10. Debt. Last year was hard on us financially. We have taken a lot of steps the past 6 months to get in a better position so in 2011 we need to ramp it up a bit more. I’ve gotten really good about using coupons and finding deals. I need to work a little more on sticking to the list when I go out and cut out some of the impulse purchases (this is for 2011, right??? You’re not going to hold me to that until after the first of the year, right??? )